Due to the generosity of our donors and community partners, most programs and events in the Park are free. See our event calendar for more information.
Fairy Garden House Contest
Friday, June 10, Noon
Children create fairy garden houses and enter them into the contest for a chance to win fun prizes. The houses are on display in the Fairy Garden Village throughout the summer. Free
- Open to children of all ages; one of the builders must be under 12 years of age.
- Houses must be created with ALL natural materials, i.e. wood, stone, sand, etc. NO PLASTIC
- Designs must be no larger than 18 inches square, 12 inches high.
- All themes welcome. Western, Eastern, Asian, etc. Please no religious themes.
- Entries are due to the Trillium House no later than June 9, 2022 4 pm.
- Entries will be judged by the Yampa River Botanic Park’s committee.
- Winners will receive special surprises and awards.
- Inquiries: Please call 970-846-5172.
- Judging will take place on Friday, June 10, 2022 at 12 pm in the Children’s Garden.
- All fairy garden houses will be on display in the new Fairy Garden Village for the season.
Fridays at 10:30 beginning June 10
Storytime will be featured every Friday at 10:30. Children ages 0 to 7, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to enjoy a fun and exiting story-time during Storytime this summer. Storytime will feature a storyteller from the Bud Werner Library. Each week will feature a different theme and a fun art activity. Storytime will take place in the Children’s Garden featuring a the Fairy House Garden Village. This is an outdoor program so please bring sunscreen, your hat, bug stray and be prepared for a lot of fun! Free
2nd Annual Passport Through the Botanic Park
Saturday, June 25, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
The Yampa River Botanic Park is hosting its 2nd annual gala, Passport Through the Botanic Park on Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 5 pm. (Weather delay date is June 26) The event invites guests to journey through the gardens touring plant collections that are native to Colorado and similar environments worldwide while enjoying global cuisine, wine, and entertainment. Reservations available online June 1, 2022.
- Explore stations throughout the gardens that pair learning opportunities with delightful food and wine.
- Delight in entertainers who will perform in rotation in different areas of the Botanic Park.
- Get in on the fun of an online silent auction that includes Rocky Mountain experiences, fun home and garden themes, food and drink and more!
Music on the Green
Wednesdays, June 29 – August 17, 10 a.m.
The Yampa River Botanic Park is pleased to partner with Strings Music Festival to offer this free summer series. Every Wednesday morning, music lovers of all ages are invited to enjoy these outdoor concerts in one of Steamboat’s most beautiful parks. Bring a blanket, a picnic lunch, a hat or other sun protection. There is limited shade to sit under. Free.
Piknik Theatre Outdoors in the Botanic Park
July 24-28 & July 31 and Aug. 1-4 at 6 p.m.
Piknik Theatre returns to the Yampa River Botanic Park this summer Sunday through Thursday for Free performances on the Green. Showtimes are at 6 p.m. and are about one hour. Free